Sacrament of Reconciliation: "I tell you, in just the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need of repentance." - Luke 15:7
Times for Sacrament of Confession:
Every Saturday, 4:00pm to 4:45pm. Every Tuesday, 6:00pm to 6:45pm. Other times by appointment also available.
How to Celebrate the Sacrament of Confession?
- Take some time for an examination of conscience and ask for light. Reflect on the mercy of God. Some Scripture Readings for reflection.
- Meet the priest for confession. After an initial greeting and sign of the cross, let the priest know any information that might be helpful, ie. Time since last confession, marital state, etc.
- Confess your sins.
- Confessor will give you some words of encouragement and guidance and some penance for you to do.
- Act of Contrition: You may be asked to recite an Act of Contrition that you know. One simple one is: "Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner."
- Absolution: The confessor will pray the words of absolution over you offering you forgiveness. As he makes the sign of the cross, you also make the sign of the cross and respond with faith, "Amen".
- Go in Peace.
For more information on the First Confession of children, see information on First Communion.
For more information, you can reach us on our Contact Us page.